Wednesday, December 9, 2009

SQUEEEEE (validation feels soooo good)!


I have blogged before about how much I love Daniel Smith Art Materials (www.danielsmith.com) and periodically they have customer art contests and I have entered them a very few times over the years. This year they had a holiday card contest at the same time I was making my holiday cards by hand and I sent them a copy and entered.

Well, today I received a wonderful comment on my blog from them, that I was a runner-up winner. (here is their official announcement/blog post) http://danielsmithblog.com/2009/12/08/daniel-smith-handmade-holiday-card-contest-winners/

Its amazing what a small "nod" can do to put the wind back in your sails.

My wish for everyone this year, no matter what your specialty is, I hope that you get all kinds of unexpected and sincere "nods" too.

___________________

The biggest place I look for validation is from my mother. That's the little girl in me that will never grow up.-Naomi Watts

No comments:

Post a Comment