Friday, July 31, 2009

Something to look forward to on your Mondays...


Ultimately the way I learn and hone my skills best is to study the masters that I admire most. That being said, I am committing to designating each Monday on my blog, "Master Monday".

Keep in mind that I will be looking at, thinking about and discussing both new and old masters.
To start this off, I will be talking about Durer on Monday. He is in the top 5 for his art and techniques, but he may be the artist I admire most for skill and originality in his own time.

If there are old or new masters that you'd love to talk about or if you ever disagree with my nominations, please don't hesitate to comment.

Also please remember that the 100th follower of my blog will win an 8x10" giclee of my work from my flickr gallery at http://www.flickr.com/photos/patricedeavila/

And as always you can tweet me @neotigress.

__________________________________

As I grew older, I realized that it was much better to insist on the genuine forms of nature, for simplicity is the greatest adornment of art.
Albrecht Durer

No comments:

Post a Comment