Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sargent, So much more than "Madam X"...






From exotic deserts, gorgeous wealthy women, charming and disturbing portraits of children, and profoundly heartbreaking paintings of WWI, Sargent was a master with stroke, composition and eye for mood.

I have had the distinct pleasure of seeing an exhibit of some of his portraits of children. He has the most sensuous eye. The colors, the textures and the mood and personality of the sitter is there for all to witness.

I have included the wiki link so you can explore him more. My favorite works of his are his watercolors. What is your favorite of his works and why?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Singer_Sargent

(remember 100th follower of my blog wins a giclee print!)

_______________________________

“I don't dig beneath the surface for things that don't appear before my own eyes.” John Singer Sargent

No comments:

Post a Comment