Saturday, March 7, 2009
Honest Scrap Award.....
Ohttp://www.orangecatblues.com/ just selected me for the honest scrap award,
("When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to said person so everyone knows he or she is real. Choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have seven (7) friends. Show the seven (7) random victims’ names and links and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with “Honest Weblog.” Well, there’s no prize, really, but they can keep the nifty icon. Next, in your blog, list at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then, pass it on!")
On first blush, feels a little bit like a chain letter, but the chance to share 7 of my favorite blogs with you is a great opportunity to pass on great, fun and artistic mojo. So without further adieu...
7 wonderful Blogs....
1. The Art Department http://igallo.blogspot.com/ (she always has really great Sci/fi and fantasy art featured on her blog.
s.com/ because they are always posting interesting art things.
3. My Divine Romance http://aprilhauck.blogspot.com/ cause she is always really open and honest and she thinks deep thoughts sometime, and at other times, she's totally spontaneous and fun.
4. Triment Confidential http://danbusdriverman.blogspot.com/ cause who knew that the life of a bush driver in Portland could be fraught with so much danger from Girl Scouts?
6. Globspot http://steveworthingtonart.blogspot.com/ cause his sculptures are so whimsical, yet realistic... (how can you not adore sumo frogs?)
7. and last but not least, is Fuck you, Penguin http://fuckyoupenguin.blogspot.com/ cause it is the anti lol-cat, the curmudgeon of the animal world... love it!
And 10 honest things...
1. I love contrasting color to a fault.
2. I try to help those in need, be they human or animal
3. I am easily distracted
4. I try to practice loving kindness and acts of compassion (practice practice practice)
5. I like to paint really big
6. I enjoy drawing really small
7. Art and creating is not a choice for me
8. I am blue green color blind
9. I would like to be recognized for all of my art, not just pet portraiture
10. I strive to someday paint like Sargent, Repin, or Nerdrum
Enjoy the blogs I've shared, they are a bit all over the map, but they all share great content and interesting bits of cerebral flotsam and jetsam...
One of the signs of passing youth is the birth of a sense of fellowship with other human beings as we take our place among them.--Virginia Woolf