Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Abominable Snow Bubba.....


Well here he is, in his winter-esque glory.   And after all my discussions about contrast, I actually toned it way down in this painting.  I had my sweet heart along the way given very valuable observations, and he much prefers photo realism over my style of work and I do say that in this portrait, the subtle contrast of the teal and the yellow highlights gives that just snowed quiet atmosphere to Bubba's pensive pose. (His full name is Sherman Tank, but it's Bubba to his friends, and Mr. Tank, to his veterinarian).

If there is a day or two between posts, don't be alarmed, as it's more painting and less blogging.  I got the contract back from my client so I have less than 90 days for his portrait, and I have less than 60 days to my show.  Very heady stuff, this creatin'.....

No comments:

Post a Comment