Thursday, February 19, 2009

Remembering Nigel.....


I have done quite a bit of work with and for Persian Himalayan Cat Rescue www.persiancats.org over the years. In the course of this work I have had the honor to know and to be the parent of some amazing Red Persians, including "Nigel". This portrait is NOT an image of Nigel, however it is an homage to every wonderful, clownish, curmudgeonly red my wonderful Patron and I have known and loved over the years. I am very passionate about animal adoption, and I support any group that is actively working to help animals in need. PHCR is my pet, ahem, project because Persians are the most single abandoned breed of animal. And personally I'm really passionate about adopting special needs or older animals. Kittens aren't the ones who need help (everybody loves a kitten), it's the older gents and lady cats who need the support most.


So if you see an inordinate number of Persian portraits flow thru my blog, it's because the images I paint are used for merchandise that PHCR sells and those proceeds help buy medicine and food for the cats in their shelter.
If you see an image that you are in love with send me an email and I can put you in touch with them for a win win.


-------------------------------------------------


Many persons have a wrong idea of what constitutes true happiness. It is not attained through self-gratification but through fidelity to a worthy purpose.--Helen Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment