Winding down to the show, and every time I get 1 thing checked off my list 4 things pop onto it. I said this in a prior post, but I will repeat it a zillion times. Start preparing 2x's sooner than you think you should and budget 2x's what you think you will need.
My greatest supporter donated wine and advice and I found this AMAZINGLY tasty and even more simple recipe to serve at the Opening... and I thought I would share it with all you foodies out there.
So, please do come and enjoy some great appetizers, some pretty good wine, and some really great art and also help support animals in need.
(preview of the show, directions, date and time and access to my flickr gallery at http://www.flickr.com/photos/patricedeavila/)
Raspberry Walnut Baked Brie
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) round Brie cheese
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly grease with cooking spray.
- Lay the puff pastry onto the prepared baking sheet. Center the Brie wheel onto the pastry. Spread the jam evenly over the top of the Brie. Sprinkle the walnuts atop the jam. Fold the puff pastry over the top of the Brie, sealing all openings.
- Bake in preheated oven until the pastry is golden brown, about 20 minutes.
The poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese. ~G.K. Chesterton