Sunday, May 31, 2009

Readin' and Tweetin'...


Alyson Stanfield has made the call for an art reading group on twitter (details here --> http://www.artbizblog.com/2009/05/read-de-kooning-with-us-this-summer.html).

I've never been a fan of de Kooning's work, however I was very interested in the discussions that can spawn from a bunch of artists and art lovers micro-blogging on twitter about a Pulitzer Prize winning book. I picked up the last used copy at Powell's Books and just started perusing the introduction.... well, I can't put it down, and I may have the entire thing read by the time the group kicks off on June 8th.

If you love art and or reading please check out this group and join us on Twitter with #dekooning

________________________________________________________

A wonderful thing about a book, in contrast to a computer screen,
is that you can take it to bed with you.
~ Daniel J. Boorstin

No comments:

Post a Comment